Case Study – Asbestos Management to University Campus
A leading UK University, with over 12,000 students, spread across 2 campuses. Each campus has a variety of workshops, lecture theatres, laboratories, studios, restaurants, shops, bars, offices and accommodation blocks. The buildings range across a wide date of construction and are in constant and varying use.
For over ten years asbestos management has been undertaken for this client. A programme of surveys was undertaken initially with subsequent annual re-inspections and development of the registers.
First Environment’s asbestos division works very closely with the University to ensure that the registers are maintained up to date and that the client is kept informed of any actions that need to be taken.
As work is conducted at the university properties throughout the year, First Environment conduct both management and demolition/refurbishment surveys as requested and project manage any removal works.
As part of the asbestos management plan asbestos awareness courses have been presented to a number of on site staff. These have been tailored to the specific needs.
- Development of an Asbestos Management Plan and Policy documents
- Annual re-inspection and updating of the registers
- Surveying of new premises acquired as and when required
- Project management of removal work
- First Environment pride themselves on dealing immediately with any requests for sampling or advice
- Provision of a web access system to the asbestos registers
- Delivery of tailored asbestos awareness training courses for staff