Case study – Asbestos management multi-premises portfolio
Our client a major provider of secure document storage facilities has around 75 sites located throughout the United Kingdom and Republic of Ireland. These sites range in age and size. Most sites are currently used as document stores, but some have had quite different uses in the past. Some of the locations contain sensitive documents therefore security requests can be extensive.
Since 2004, First Environment’s asbestos division has undertaken asbestos management to these locations. The project commenced with a programme of Management Surveys (old Type 2 surveys) to establish the location, extent and condition of asbestos containing materials at each location.
With the survey programme complete an annual programme of re-inspections and support for any Demolition or Refurbishment Surveys (old Type 3 surveys) required has been developed and implemented in line with the asbestos management plan. Removal or remedial work is project managed by First Environment and records, registers and drawings updated as required.
Any new sites that do not have a sufficient survey are surveyed and added to the asbestos database.
- Development of an Asbestos Management Plan and Policy documents
- Annual re-inspection and updating of the registers
- Surveying of new premises acquired as and when required
- Project management of removal work
- Delivery of asbestos awareness training courses
- Where possible, First Environment uses the same staff for specific sites given the access and security requirements
- Asbestos awareness training courses tailored to the specific site and staff requirements
- Advice or sampling requests dealt with immediately by dedicated staff